Your medical data is sensitive and is your property only. To guarantee maximum confidentiality, we do not store any of your medical data on our servers. Your data isn't in the cloud, it is only stored on your device(s), where you have full control over it. This implies that it is your responsibility to ensure you back-up your data! This article first explains the different situations that can lead to data loss and then explains several ways to backup the content of your Andaman7. It is always better to back-up in more than one way, in case something goes wrong.
First of all, here are the different situations that can lead to data loss:
- If you install the Andaman7 application on a new device (in case of lost/stolen old device or because you change smartphone/tablet) without synchronizing with your old device. cf Do I lose all my data if I lose my device?
- If you uninstall and then reinstall the Andaman7 application on your device OR if you reset your mobile device. cf If I reinstall the application do I lose my data?
As of today, there are three different ways for you to back-up your data, which will allow you to get them back if you break or lose your device:
- Circle of trust: add a person you trust to your "Circle of Trust" and share your whole EHR with him/her. See how to do it here. This person needs to have Andaman7 as well and to accept receiving your EHR. Make sure you both regularly launch the application in order to synchronise new data added, and always be up to date. This way, if you ever lose or break your device, you will only need to reinstall the app on your new device, and the data you shared will flow back to you after you both launch the app to start a new synchronisation process.
- If you have two devices (eg: a smartphone A and a tablet B, or two smartphones A and B), we highly recommend installing Andaman7 on both devices and register with the same email address. This will trigger a two-way synchronisation of all your data on both devices A and B. Make sure you regularly launch the application on both devices in order to synchronise new data added, and always be up to date. In case of losing a device (eg A), the other (B) retains a copy of all your data. When you purchase a new device C to replace the misplaced A, all data will be synchronised from B to C once you have installed Andaman7 on C.
- Back-up your phone/tablet data : more generally, you can back-up your entire phone/tablet data, including data from applications such as Andaman7. The process is different depending on the type of device. See our articles gathering some useful information on that subject :
Backups for iOS.
Backups for Android