In order to merge records in your Andaman7, please select the 'My records' menu option, then tap on the top right button and first select "Find duplicates". Then, a list of duplicated entries could appear, select and merge records you finally want to merge.
If there is no records in the list, you can still do the merge by opening the record, use the top right button and choose "Merge with existing record" option. You finally just have to select the record you want to merge to the initial selected one.
The different warnings of the application regarding the merging of records are due to the fact that currently we do not have a solution to dissociate two records, and therefore we insist on the consequences of this act.
These consequences are:
- If you receive data from a locally merged record: the data will go into your merged record, even if the one who sent it to you still has several separate original records (or even just one of the records)
- If you are sharing data from a record you merged locally:
- If the recipient didn't have any of those records, the data will go into a new record
- If the recipient had only one of these records, the data will go into that records
- If the recipient had more than one of these records, all these records will be automatically merged on his device into one, where the data will go
The merge persists on reinstallation. This means that if you have merged two records, then synced, then uninstalled and reinstalled (note that when you uninstall, you lose ALL your data If I reinstall the application do I lose my data?), if you receive these two records separately again (via sync for example), then these two records will automatically be merged once they arrive on your phone.
If none of these consequences are a problem (because you are sure it is the same record), merging is recommended, so that you can find all your data in the same record.
Please sign in to leave a comment.