In order not to lose your valuable medical data in case of loss/theft/break of your device, we strongly advise you to make a backup of your data. There are different ways to back up your Andaman7 data. It is always better to save in several different ways, in case one of them goes wrong. In this article you will find information about backing up and restoring your iOS device via iTunes or iCloud.
Backup your device
Backup with iCloud
1. Make sure your device is connected to a WiFi network.
2. Access to the iCloud section in your device settings. To do this, go to Settings > [Firstname Lastname] > iCloud. If your device runs on iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to the iCloud section directly from the main screen of Settings (iCloud section is lower by scrolling).
3. In the iCloud Section, find the "iCloud Backup" option and check that it is activated.
4. Touch "Back Up Now" to do a backup of your device. In order not to interrupt the backup, be sure to stay connected to the Wi-Fi for the duration of the operation.
5. You can check that your backup has been successfully completed at the bottom of the screen. The date of the last backup should be displayed.
Note that once iCloud backup is enabled, your device will make regular backups automatically, which will be stored on your iCloud.
Backup with iTunes
1. Connect your device to your computer and launch iTunes. You can download iTunes here.
2. If your device ask you if you trust this computer, say yes.
3. Select your device in iTunes.
4. Go to the summary of your device and click on "Back Up Now". If you want to encrypt your backup for a better security on your data, select the box "Encrypt backup". Be careful you don't lose the password of your encryption. Without the password, you will not be able to restore your backup.
5. You can check that your backup has been successfully completed in the Summary screen of iTunes.
Restore your backup
Restore from iCloud
1. Turn on your device. After the "Welcome" screen, you'll be invited to choose a restore method. If your device has already been set up, you will need to clear all of its content before restoring it.
2. Choose the "Restore with iCloud" option and choose the backup you want (according to the size and date). Then the restoration process will start. Other operations may be required (connection to your iCloud account, ...).
Restore from iTunes
1. Open iTunes on the Mac or PC used for your backup and connect your device.
2. Select your device in iTunes. If your device is not showing, click here.
3. In the Summary screen, click on "Restore backup" and choose the backup you want (according to the size and date).
4. Click on "Restore" and wait until the end of the restoration process. If your backup was encrypted, you'll be invited to enter the password.
5. Your device will restart after the restoration and will synchronise. Wait the end of the synchronisation before disconnecting your device.
Please sign in to leave a comment.