Your health data is sensitive data that belongs to you alone. To ensure maximum security and confidentiality, we do not store any of your health data on our servers nor in the Cloud. Your data is only stored on your mobile device(s) where you have full control.
Installing Andaman7 on a new mobile device will therefore bring you back to an initial state of the app* (i.e. your health record will be empty) because the only data stored by our server is your basic identification information.
What if I decide to change my smartphone or tablet?
If you want to use a new mobile device, be sure not to reset your old device until you have transferred your health data to your new device! Here are the steps to follow:
- Do not reset your old device or uninstall the Andaman7 app,
- Download the Andaman7 app on your new smartphone/tablet and connect to your Andaman7 account (make sure you use the same email address to retrieve your account and not create a new one),
- Check that your two mobile devices are connected to the wifi in order to be able to synchronize (Andaman7 can be used offline but sync requires an Internet connection),
- Launch a manual sync** on your old device and keep your app opened until the end of the sync,
- Then launch the sync on your new device; you should have recovered all your data once this sync is complete,
- Check that the entire content of your Andaman7 have been transferred,
- If not, please do the sync process one more time (synchronise your old device first then your new one).
If so, you can now reset your old device or uninstall Andaman7 without risk of losing your data; you can also keep Andaman7 on your old phone and use it as a backup solution.
* The same applies if (1) you reset your mobile device or (2) you uninstall and then reinstall the Andaman7 app on your device.
** You can start a sync manually by pressing the "More" tab represented by the three dots (bottom right in the main menu), then "Synchronization" and then the double arrow at the top right of the screen.